Having only been in the Big Easy for three days, I’m barely qualified to give recommendations. But I will give you a list of the things I loved doing while there:
- Visiting the shops at the French and Dutch Markets
- Sitting on the bank of the Mississippi River, watching the steamships pass by
- Listening to live music on Frenchman Street (we did a mini barcrawl, starting at Vaso)
- Speaking of Frenchman Street, there’s an awesome little art market there full of really great stuff.
- Delicious (and reasonably priced!) eats at Napolean House Bar and Cafe and Coop’s in the French Quarter, and Parkway Tavern (for the original Po’Boy)
- Riding the cable cars, a great way to get around
- Taking in the history at every corner. I especially enjoyed the Voodoo Museum—a well-spent $5.
- Drinks at The Chart Room (so cheap!). Truthfully, you can’t go wrong at any of the bars. And if the ambiance isn’t for you, you can grab your drink to go!